The drawing room is usually the first thing that comes to your mind if you are looking to renovate your space. It is the central part of the home and should have all the elements you love and should be designed aesthetically. It is the place which we occupy the most, spend time with family and friends, watch TV, and even relax after a really long day. But, if you are on a budget and wondering, if that is possible, then the answer is YES.
You can decorate or revamp your drawing room whenever you feel like it with a very little to no amount. Sometimes, you can even move around things a bit, bring out the vintage decorative stuffs, and also throw in some colors, which will bring in the vibrant feel.
Here are a few things you can keep in mind while decorating your drawing room.
1. Simplify: If you have a space which has way too many things, then it would look cluttered and disorganized. It also makes the room look smaller than it is and the energy flow is a little dull. Rather, organize the stuffs and keep the ones which have sentimental value and keep the rest away
2. Shop for Your Home and Curate: Before going to the store and strolling through the many things, you can take a second close look at what you have at home. Sometimes you might be having rugs, cushion covers, or even any artistic things in the closet. You can also rearrange them from the other room. If you are still not sure of the existing ones, you can buy cushion covers online in NZ.
3. Adding Plants: Green is supposed to make you feel calmer and it also brightens up your living space. They also help keep the air inside and around your home cleaner. Say hello to indoor plants and get the ones which require lesser maintenance. Instead of buying pottery, you can even use up old wine and vinaigrette bottles.
4. Book Worm? Show it off: Books kept in order add a very classy touch to your room. If you have an extra space, all you can do is to neatly stack it and keep some art elements beside it.
5. Do up Television Space: If you are aiming for a sophisticated look adding a bit of luxury element, then place your television right in the center. Then, create a gallery wall and make it look like a salon style arrangement. Make sure that you pick the right frames so that it blends with the TV.
6. Spruce up the Textile: You can give your vintage stool a makeover with a nice fabric which is quirky. Similarly you change the cushion covers, pillow covers, or even the upholstery of the sofa.
7. Hanging Plates: It gives a very unique texture to the wall when arranged neatly. Don’t worry too much about the right sizes or textures and feel free to experiment. With very minimal effort, it can create dramatic textures.
If you a take a little conscious effort, you can transform any room within a few hours to days!