The summer beating down can take its toll on both the people and their patience and that is why when the sun is at its highest, people prefer to be snuggled indoors with the air conditioner on full blast and keep cool. Now there are varying sizes for the air conditioners as well as the different types that can be installed. However for the home based usage, one of the most popular types that people tend to buy is the split system air conditioner. This system utilizes a horizontal fan which unlike the traditional window mounted system uses a vertical motor to generate the cooling in the room
Advantageous over window based air conditioner
The advantages of having the split system over the horizontal one are many. For instance, the newer models in the split system tend to consume lesser amount of electricity and also to address the elephant in the room. While the split system can be installed inside a room with an outlet drilled for the installation of the outboard unit on the outside, a window based air conditioner requires a strong window base to support it and the window needs to be there for the unit to be installed in the first place.
Since the air conditioner is a necessity for the people and especially for those who live in places where the climate can be specially brutal, it is critical for them to have an air conditioner and preferably the split based ones because of the numerous advantages that they offer which are described as follows,
- Split based systems are available in varying sizes which determine the cooling power, so that depending upon the size of the room, they can be bought. The less powerful versions tend to cost less and provide adequate cooling.
- Split based systems are far more efficient when it comes to the consumption of electricity and are much more reliable and long lasting in comparison to the other types.
- The split based system can be mounted into any room with an outlet for the water pipe and supply to the outdoor unit which eliminates the need for any windows to be mounted on.
Factors to be considered while buying an air conditioner
With the split system air conditioner known for being so advantageous, it is time to look into the aspects of actually buying one and how people should decide as to which air conditioner is actually good for them and what they need.
- The first factor to consider is the size of the unit; it has to be enough to cool the room properly. Too small a unit means lesser power and it won’t be able to cool the room properly, therefore, an adequate sized version is to be determined and bought.
- The modern air conditioner is a technological marvel but many of the so called smart features run the risk of quickly becoming a fad and for this reason, the customer should only look into the features of the air conditioner that he needs.
- Another crucial factor to consider while buying a split system air conditioner is the power consumption. We all know these units can be power hungry, but the latest generation units have smart features built into them to draw less power and depending upon the consumption, the air conditioner should be bought.
After having bought the air conditioner, it is crucial that it not be installed by the buyer, instead, having a professional to install air conditioner system it ensures the safety of the whole unit as well as the individual since this is not a DIY job and components can be damaged.