The perfect look of your home is essential to ensure a healthy and comfortable home atmosphere, and there is nothing better to perform this exercise than the regular maintenance. It should take place on a different scale throughout the year, for example with activities and tasks on a monthly basis, as well as everyday tasks, only for the weekends, etc. Follow the checklist all around the year and will definitely see some degree of improvement of the home atmosphere. Indeed, numerous small home improvements are the key for keeping your house in order and next is an example of activities and tasks to include in such a comprehensive, yet important checklist:
Tasks during a relocation in a new house, when moving for study, when searching for a new house:
– Make sure to ask the house lord or the seller of the property for a complete floor plan of the house. This will help imagine the best spots and areas for the furnishings, as well as what you can adjust or improve and what you can`t. A proper sketching of the floor plan includes all the measurements and dimensions, labels for the objects and the orientation of the walls.
– Take into account the energy efficiency of your new home if you plan to move in for a longer time. It is true that the “greener” the house – the greater the payment, but it also means that the monthly bills will be lower and the energy-saving appliances provide numerous advantages. Not to mention the heat and sound resistant qualities of the materials, which also turn very important when moving in a new house.
– Ask the property seller or the house lord for a longer inspection of the new property. This same house can be reviewed even twice or more until you make the decision. Make a list of all other questions that concern the house maintenance, the quality of the interior design, the architecture and more. Then, you can easily make your own schedule with activities for keeping the house in its perfect condition.
Tasks, which should take place every season, for example – during the first warm days of the spring:
– Check out the exterior condition of the house. Remove all the leaves from the gutters and the spider webs from all the vents. Clean the facades and perform further leaf removal exercises throughout the entire garden.
– Inspect the adjacent treetops for invasive branches that can damage the facade or that can scratch the windows. It is much easier to do some small adjustments in the springtime, when the trees are still without leaves and the branches are easily seen.
– Check out the drainage system of the entire house for leakages and repair all the issues on time.
– Consider hiring a professional team of movers when you have to deal with some heavy furniture removals tasks. The springtime is the perfect season to get all the big and heavy furnishings from the old house, thanks to the warmer weather. Yet make sure to pick up a day with relatively low winds and with no rain when moving furniture.
Activities for the improvement of your house every month:
– Deep cleaning is something that you don`t want to miss, especially if most of the objects and most of rooms in the house are frequently used. Big pets like dogs and cats, as well as small kids – make sure to include sanitizing and deodorizing activities during the monthly cleaning.
– Spend one day only for small furniture removals at home. Change the locations of the objects or change their appearance by reupholstering, repainting, and more. It is a great way to change the layout and the atmosphere in the rooms for only a few hours.