When it comes to our homes, many of us take a lot of pride in how they look and also in how well they function as an entire space, as there is no point in having a property that looks great but is a nightmare to live in. There are lots of things to take into consideration when designing and decorating a home, from the furniture to the colour of the paint – not to mention what floors to lay, what fabric the sofa should be made from or how to layout the kitchen.
As a homeowner, it is also important to constantly update your property to improve it and this is advisable whether you have a brand new house or you have been living in your property for years. Good quality quartz worktops in Birmingham, London or any UK city will add a stylish touch to a property and it is a good idea to check out a few showrooms to see which worktops will work well with your existing decor.
Choosing a Style
The most beautiful homes in the country feature both practical layouts and nice décor, and in order to create a design that will work well for you; it is vital to think about what overall look you want to achieve before starting anything.
For Example: If you own a new apartment in the centre of a city, then you might want to aim for a modern look but if you own a cottage in the countryside, then a more traditional design may work best.
Let’s take a look at some of the styles that the most beautiful houses in the UK have adopted:
- A classic English manor house look, with grand décor and old fashioned colours such as deep reds and browns
- A contemporary design, using white, black, grey and a splash of colour and trendy kitchens with sleek worktops
- A traditional style, with décor that makes the space feel cosy and inviting such as a wood burning fireplace
- A natural style, with organic resources used throughout such as wood and stone
- Unique self-built properties that have an induvial style such as a home made from an old container or a sophisticated timber panelled cube
The entire property should have a fluidity to the décor to ensure that it all works seamlessly as a unit. However, some homeowners going for a hippy styled look will mix and match all kinds of décor to create a fun feel to their home that is often popular with hipsters or young families.
When creating a design for a property, it is important that it will stand out as this is a good way to add value to it. This can mean thinking outside of the box and creating something like a self-built, green eco-friendly home or it might simply mean that you choose to ensure that the interior décor matches the look of the property on the outside – whether it be a modern apartment or a traditional country estate home.